Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! I'm typing in red because of it being Valentine's Day. I hope everyone had a nice one.


We seem to have been busy, busy, busy. Life is settling down to normal after the Montana trip. I'm trying to get back into the groove of homeschool. Some days are better than others.


Our tax refund arrived a couple of weeks ago. Party hardy and pay the bills!! Credit cards are paid off, and we can get some things we need. We may be able to get some things we want as well, but those will probably wait awhile.
Benny-boy got baptized. What was especially nice is that his cousin Jared was the one who performed the baptism for him. That was an especially busy day. Right after the baptism, Karen had Achievement Days. We wanted to see President Hinckley's funeral. We all met at Chuck A Rama for a family dinner. Randy was rebaptized, and I was supposed to go to the stake YW Standards night. I was wiped out after the dinner and couldn't do anything else. I fell asleep and missed the Standards night. OOPS.
The kids and I had an opportunity to see President Hinckley lying in state. We took the trax downtown. The lines weren't as long as anticipated, at least not that day, and we were able to get through rather quickly. There was a nice spirit in the room. I really wish I could've met him while he was alive. Maybe I'll get to meet Pres. Monson sometime.
I've been curious about my past, and have been bugging my siblings for details of things I don't remember. They have been very accomodating with the information. As a result, we've been more in contact with each other. That's been really nice. The discussion evolved into our favorite pet memories, especially our dog Rodney. He was the sweetest dog. We were all really sad when we lost him. That's his picture, for those of you who didn't have the pleasure of knowing him.
My arm seems to be 99.9% better. I have a weird click in my elbow sometimes that wasn't there before. It still hurts sometimes, but not nearly as bad as it did. I finally have mobility back in it again. That was terrible when I couldn't do things as I would normally do them. It's nice to be able to do things again.
We frosted and decorated cookies for Valentine's Day today. Everyone went on a sugar buzz. When I picked Steve up from work, we stopped briefly at Wal Mart. I told Steve we should've gone over to the sporting section and bought a butterfly net to get the girls off of the ceiling. They were in a flight pattern for quite a while. I think it's worn off now.
So, there is life in our little corner of the world. It's late and time to catch some kids and throw them in bed.

No comments: