Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sarah....and so busy!!!





Hello, all. It has been a long time since I've been here. In fact, it's been so long that I almost forgot my user name and password! A lot has happened in the last year. Let's see......the last time I wrote in here, my mother had just passed away and we had just gotten back from her funeral, when my purse was stolen right out of my hands at a local grocery store. It took a long time for my arm to recover from that one.


My sister Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer right around the same time my mom died. She has endured radiation, chemotherapy, and brain surgery over the last year, not to mention feeling just plain lousy and tired and numerous testing. She has been handling it really well, though. I have not once heard her say "poor me." I don't think I could do the same thing if I were in her shoes, and I admire her for it.





Steve's mother, Edith passed away on August 28th. She and I had a rocky relationship to put it mildly. Fortunately, we put all of that behind us just before she went. At least she left without hating me. She didn't leave a will, and left a lot of medical bills. Her house went into probate, and it's been a hectic time straightening it out. My cousin Grant has been a BIG help in getting things settled. It was through divine inspiration that I called him. I kept getting the feeling that I should, and I told my feeling that I didn't know how to get ahold of him. My feeling told me to call my Aunt Rita, Grant's mom. So, I got in touch with Rita, and through her, with Grant who agreed to help us. That in itself has been a relief. I only hope the rest of the process doesn't take much longer. It's been a big pain in the behind.


I'm still plugging along in homeschool, but it hasn't been the greatest year. We've got some catching up to do and need to get back on track. My printer is busily cranking out tomorrow's math assignments as I type.



Now, for the happier stuff...........






My little baby (sniff) is no longer a baby! Sarah just turned 8. For her birthday, we took her to Godfather's for lunch. It was her choice of places to eat. She got some Disney Princess boots that I found on clearance some time ago and managed to hide without her sniffing them out. I also got her a Dance Dance revolution game and pads and also hid those. She loved them! Grandma and Grandpa gave her her own set of scriptures with her name on them, and Grandpa loaned her his tote until they can give her her own.


This past Friday, we had a Princess Party for her at the church. Her friends came in their royal princess attire. They entered the party by walking on the royal red carpet. Each girl got to make a princess crown. (foam crowns they glued fake jewels and sequins on).








Then some of them danced or chased each other while they waited for everyone to finish. We played "Kiss the Frog", a variation on pin the tail on the donkey.






We played musical chairs and the person out got to sit in the throne for one round. Two of the girls almost got into a fist fight over whose turn it was to sit in the throne. I settled it by having a march off, and then they took turns. We opened presents, and Sarah was very happy with them. We had cake and ice cream. I made a castle cake, and then I remembered why I don't make their cakes anymore. It was a big hit, though.









Then we played freeze dance and they chased each other until it was time to go home. It was quite the party! I was exhausted when it was over and wiped out for the rest of the day and evening. At least she will have a birthday that she will remember for quite some time. Sarah is getting baptized next week. My baby is growing up. {sniff, sniff}

2 comments:

Grandma Hand said...

How great!!!!!!!! Welcome to My World..... I am happy to finally sign on to read my email and found you. The girls are really cute and so well behaved. Best of all Grandpa really enjoyed being with them and letting his hair down - or whatever hair he has. I just know he longs for such a relationship so a GREAT BIG THANKS FOR LETTING US HAVE THEM FOR A SHORT TIME.

ps: Grandpa didn't get to see the end of the "Sponge Bob" so he must see the end of it sometime.

Grandma Hand said...

How great!!!!!!!! Welcome to My World..... I am happy to finally sign on to read my email and found you. The girls are really cute and so well behaved. Best of all Grandpa really enjoyed being with them and letting his hair down - or whatever hair he has. I just know he longs for such a relationship so a GREAT BIG THANKS FOR LETTING US HAVE THEM FOR A SHORT TIME.

ps: Grandpa didn't get to see the end of the "Sponge Bob" so he must see the end of it sometime.