Sarah has a pair of Barbie socks, which she loves. Yesterday, she miraculously managed to find both of them and wore them around the house. She was still wearing them when I left for Young Women's last night. This morning, she asked me if I knew where her Barbie socks were. Not having worn them myself, I had no idea and told her no. I said " the last time I saw them, they were on your feet." To which she responded, as she was turning around to look at her feet, " Then they must still be......ooops. Guess not."
Well, I thought it was cute.
I am so darn smart I amaze myself! My palm pilot, aka my brain, developed a weird orange blob on the screen. It migrated into lots of orange blobs all over the screen and I couldn't get them off, no matter how hard I tried. It was almost impossible to use. Having just bought it a few months ago, I wanted to get some use out of it before I had to toss it. I managed to get the palm pilot to work again. HALLELUJAH!!! It's amazing what you can do when you have the proper tools. I bought a non working one off eBay. I had to drag Steve (yeah, right) to Sears to get the right kind of screw driver, and took the palm pilot with me so that I could be sure of getting the right size. I had to drag him back out of there once I found the one I wanted. Got home, and managed to get the sucker opened up. Hurray!!! I didn't loose any screws either, but I sure tried. Sarah had to supervise the whole operation. I was going to swap batteries from one to the other, but that looked like it was going to be a lot of trouble and would involve soldering. I didn't want to go there. So I figured out how to swap the screens. I managed to do it, but the little slot where the expansion card goes isn't working. I had a hard time getting it back in, and I think it may not have lined up right. My screen looks beautiful now, and I'm happy. Now I can use the darn thing again. Hallelujah!!!! (Heavenly Choir singing in the background.) Lesson learned: If I ever buy another Palm Pilot, I will stay away from the Palm Zire brand, especially the Zire 31 model. Apparently, the orange blob is not uncommon. Grrrrr. I hope the new screen doesn't crap out on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is weird--what causes ye orange blob anyway?
Oh, and happy belated Talk Like A Pirate Day. Ye bilge-rat. Yarr. :p
Who're ye callin' a bilge rat???
ARG!!
The orange blob is, as far as I can tell, a time bomb that is implanted in the device. It is intended to force you to buy their useless warranty that they have no intention of honoring. If you don't buy the warranty, the blob shows up. I looked on their message board to see if there were any ideas how to get rid of the blob. There were several complaints about orange blobs, but nothing about eliminating them. Arrg. At least I got cheap parts off of ebay and managed to fix it.
Post a Comment